Wednesday 6 June 2018

Act 1: The Beginnings


These are the Beginnings of a Blog,
a journal, or a log.
Perhaps a diary, or a record,
of the many things I hold in accord.

The Beginnings of a Blog
are often quite a slog.
But while I hope I'm not a bore,
you may have reason to ignore
my ramblings and more
of the writing I shall store.

At any rate, I greet you,
oh, reader so true,
to my humble abode,
So hang up your hat, and I'll give you one for the road...

The Rhyming Fool Himself
The Rhyming Fool Himself.

ACT I

Welcome, one and all!
To this marvelous Free-For-All!
A deadly dance,
A lethal trance,
and only one shall not fall!
We gaze upon this battlefield,
In which our contestants take up their shields
and fight for glory,
Who will live to tell their story?
We'll carry our swords,
And march towards
The horizon of War!

[ Ballad of the North ]


Oh, to War, to War, to War we must go,
The Royal Coffers empty and our plows we shall stow,
Upon our mounts we ride towards the South,
For to War we ride... into Hell's open mouth!

Oh, to War, to War, to War we must stride,
With our blades at our hips and our hearts steeped in pride,
We build our trebuchets and engines of War,
For when the battle is nigh,
Hold our banners high
and see how far they soar!

Oh, to the South, to the South, to the South we advance,
Our duty to our nation is a captivating trance,
Battle and Bloodshed are the things we live and breath,
'Cause we hold our heads high,
Though our throats are dry,
as we march unto our death!


3 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your blog mentioned on https://diyanddragons.blogspot.com/2019/03/who-is-glogosphere.html and wanted to ask you whether I could add it to one of the blog Planets I run. More info, and links to the three planets (Old School, Indie, and everything else) can be found on this page where I try to explain it all: https://campaignwiki.org/wiki/Planet/What_is_this%3f
    Please let me know if you're OK with this or not.
    Cheers
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see this blog still being spread around somewhat! And yes, that would be fine, though I was considering moving this from Blogspot to my own website, as it'll let me keep all my art and writing in one place. Feel free to add this one to the blog Planet, but keep an eye on evoroxv.com for the near future.

      Delete